United States Marines Eagle Globe Anchor Emblem Decal
EAGLE, GLOBE AND ANCHOR
"There is no better symbol for the purpose we serve than the emblem every Marine earns: the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The eagle represents the proud nation we defend. It stands at the ready with our coastlines in sight and the entire world within reach of its outstretched wings. The globe represents our worldwide presence. The anchor points both to the Marine Corps' naval heritage and its ability to access any coastline in the world. Together, the eagle, globe and anchor symbolize our commitment to defend our nation—in the air, on land and at sea."
THE EAGLE, GLOBE AND ANCHOR EMBLEM HAS BEEN PART OF THE MARINE UNIFORM SINCE 1868 AND BECAME THE OFFICIAL EMBLEM OF THE MARINE CORPS IN 1955.
Decal size is based on height, in inches.
- Picture may be enlarged to show detail. Please check above for dimensions. If you require a custom size, please email us.
- Decal does not have a background. Whatever surface you place it on will become the background, just like in the picture.
- These vinyl decals are removable, but not reusable. The vinyl decal can be safely removed without damaging surfaces. Please see the specifications section for more info on the vinyl we use.
- Larger items may come in multiple pieces. Rearrange them however you like!
- Your order will arrive as a 3-layer product. The backing paper, your vinyl decal and the application tape already applied. Instructions for application of the vinyl decal will be included.
Check our FAQ section for answers to the most common questions.
|Vinyl Brand||Oracal 651|
|Application||For short- and medium-term markings, letterings and decorations.|
|Durability||Black / white: 5 years (outdoors) Transparent / colors: 4 years (outdoors)|
|Adhesive||Solvent polyacrylate, permanent|
|Notes||Surfaces to which the material will be applied must be thoroughly cleaned and free from dust, grease or any other contamination that could affect the adhesion of the material. Freshly lacquered or painted surfaces should be allowed to dry for at least three weeks and to completely cure. The compatibility of selected lacquers and paints should be tested by the user, prior to application of the material.|
|Step 1||Clean the area thoroughly with rubbing alcohol or a mixture of soap and water. Do not use Windex or similar cleaning products because it will leave a chemical residue behind that will cause issues with the decal adhering to the surface.|
|Step 2||Prepare the decal for application by firmly rubbing a squeegee or credit card across the application(masking) tape. This will remove any air bubbles that may have formed and makes the decal cling to the application tape.|
|Step 3||Gently peel the paper backing off the decal. If the decal clings to the backing, slowly replace the paper backing and repeat Step 2.|
|Step 4||Slowly lower the decal on to the surface and rub it in place firmly with a squeegee or credit card.|
|Step 5||Slowly peel the application(masking) tape off at an angle. Be careful not to pull the decal off the surface. If decal pulls away from the surface(sticks to the masking tape) repeat Step 4.|
|Notes||Use a pin/thumb tack to poke any air bubbles in the center and push the air out through the hole.For best results do not apply a sticker in extreme hot or cold temperatures, as the adhesive will not bond to the surface properly.|